Friday, January 29, 2010

Introducing my blog

This is a shaving brush bearing the name of one of the most famous shaving brush brands in the world.



It is a limited edition of 90 made to celebrate the 90th anniversary of Vulfix who now make Simpson brushes.It cost me £180. Now you know I have a serious interest in shaving brushes. I'll write more about this brush later. But let me first explain why I am publishing this blog.
I love wet shaving. But my favourite part of the ritual is using my brushes. I love the look, the feel, mixing up the lather, then the delightful sensation of running the brush round my face.As an avid collector of many things throughout my life, once I discovered my delight in shaving brushes it was inevitable that I would become a collector. Someone on one of the shaving forums has over 160 brushes. I might one day, but at present I have approaching 50 examples of brushes made by most of the well known makers.
Obtaining them has involved a lot of research. So this blog is the story behind my shaving brush collection. It's about the makers and how they are made. The different characteristics of brushes and indeed anything I found of interest which I think will be worth sharing.
There is an incredible amount of information on the internet about shaving brushes.It's all been done by someone. Where it might be of value, I'll provide links to other sites which have interesting facts, figures and opinions.And of course I will post photos of each of my brushes with full details together with my personal assessment of the performance of the brush.
It's going to take a while, but I hope it will be fun.

And this is my collection at present. I'll work out how to display them properly soon. They have a lot of bells to compete with in my room right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment